Re: [Amc-list] Javelin half vinyl roof

Armand, if the top is in great condition and isn't causing any rust
issues around the rear window I'd leave it alone. If you just don't like
the vinyl top or fear rust underneath, remove it when re-painting. Most
of the time there's not an issue with rust unless the vinyl is old and
cracked or the car has been kept (or will be kept) outside most of the
time. Since your will be a mostly garage kept car I don't think you have
any worries. Do note that sometimes the roof seams weren't quite
finished when a vinyl top was put on at the factory. It may take a bit
of work to smooth the roof once the vinyl is off.

What do you guys think about the half vinyl (Landau?) roof that AMC put
on Javelins....
Should I keep it or when I do the roof go to a solid frost white roof??
The vinyl is original and in excellent shape.

Armand

--
Frank Swygert
For all AMC enthusiasts