Re: [Amc-list] seat belts (and parking brakes)

Joe Fulton wrote:
> AFAIK seat belts were added on the 63 models.  They could be
> purchased from the Rambler dealer or installed by the dealer.
> Normally they are installed by drilling holes where you need them and
> using large fender washers under the nuts on the bottom of the car.
> The bolts go in with the head towards the inside of the car normally.
> You won't find threaded holes.

My 63 Classic 550 most definitely has factory-welded threaded bosses for
the seatbelts, with typical shouldered bolts with a 3/4" or so head and
I think a 7/16" fine thread. I recall that, because the Hornet has the
same except COARSE thread, or some such business. It's a
hardware-junkbox item for me, and I had to pull 'em all out and line
them up to find the right Hornet bolts.