Re: [Amc-list] seat belts (and parking brakes)

Re: [Amc-list] seat belts (and parking brakes)

I don't think seat belts were required in '63 so there may not be any
factory holes. The one aftermarket set I used had some large, thick
washers that went under the floor.

Matt

On 1/16/2009 7:33 PM, Victor the Cleaner spouted this sage advice:
> Okay, this is looking like it could turn into one grand PITA.
>
> To pass my insurance inspection, I've got only a couple of things to
> deal with on the '63 Ambo:  parking brake and seat belts.  The parking
> brake is going to be a little more annoying than I thought, as 63/64/65
> all appear to use different cables from the pedal back to the mount on
> the torque tube (I'm hoping the wheel/wheel cable from my '65 parts car
> will fit the '63).
>
> But I just peeled up the trim and carpet on the '63, and there are no
> threaded holes for seat belt attachment to be found down below the door
> pillar.  I assume that, since they're not there, I'm not going to find
> them on the drive shaft hump either.  What's the recommended procedure?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jonathan

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH