Re: [Amc-list] Phoenix Craigslist : $400 401 and BW trans

Re: [Amc-list] Phoenix Craigslist : $400 401 and BW trans

" From: Davis Martin <martin-davis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
"
" It could very well have come from a 71 international. And it would
" have come with the Borgwarner. International used the 401 in many
" applications not just scouts and travelalls. The 401 can be found in
" Farm equipment like combines and such. Also found in school busses of
" the era.

ih did use the iron warner up to '71, including with amc 232s from
'68/9.  both ih and amc switched to tf in '72, but jag used the m12
through '78.  iirc ford supplemented the fmx with m12s through the
'70s - i saw something in the '88 mitchell interchange that suggests
this.  and of course the aluminum warner begat a family that lasted
almost another 20 years in many foreign cars.

so - i'm curious as to what lay behind ih and amc switching.  '71 was
the last year they used warner autos, but not because warner shut them
down.