[Amc-list] Rolling on floor laughing Chev ?? nope AMC 327

[Amc-list] Rolling on floor laughing Chev ?? nope AMC 327

I gotta share this great laugh with you guys,

I went to our local car club meeting last night. A fella there started
asking questions about the green Javelin I recently stuffed away into a
storage building. So I told them how I managed to get a hold of it and the
whole story.Well any way the talk got around to the same crap as it always
does......
Didn't GM make all of the AMC engines?? You know like the 327??
So I had a little laugh and proceeded to give them a run down on what AMC
really is, and who made what for AMC and what AMC made at it's own
factories. The guy who made the comment about the AMC "Chevy" 327 is an old
mechanic who I really thought would have known better, but apparently he had
no clue either. Any way the other thing I thought was really cool was that
after the little educational speech I gave them, not one of them made any
further derogatory remarks about AMC. Especially after I explained how AMC
put a high nickel content in cast iron blocks so that they didn't wear out
in 90,000 miles like Chevy engines used to back in the 60s and 70s.  And
that my 70 304 still had the cross hatch pattern in the cylinder walls at
90,000 miles when I pulled the heads to fix a leaky exhaust valve and seat
that had ingested a chunk of something (probably carbon).

I was smiling all the way home from the meeting.

Armand