Re: [Amc-list] Water line in six cyl. intake

Frank Swygert wrote:
> Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2009 17:26:37 -0800 I checked the 66 TSM. ...
> Directly from the TSM: "The intake manifold on the 199 Cubic Inch
> Displacement Engine incorporates an internal water heater tube to
> provide quick uniform warming of the fuel-air mixture, especially
> during cold weather operation to improve economy."

Thanks! Sorry that I was too lazy to look it up myself!

It's interesting that the 195.6 has the same tube; you'd think that the
trough intake would do that well enough without the tube. (And
comically, the tube runs directly under the carb port, like within 1/2"
or so, and really interferes with flow!) I'm certain Nash did this
cut-n-try over the years and would not have wasted their time on a
system that did not do something they wanted.