Re: [Amc-list] When they started pushing drivers and

Re: [Amc-list] When they started pushing drivers and

" From: amxron@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" stopped mentioning car brands they lost my interest. STOCK CARS what a joke,
" show me a 2dr Taurus or charger at a dealer! Car of the future my a$$.

yeah, i'm hip.  i watch it b/c it's racing, but i no longer have much
stake in who wins, loses, or where they place.  champ and f1 lost me
years ago.

what i enjoy most now is www.radiolemans.com .  they do both the
european and american lemans series and a few other races - like the
nuerburgring 24h, which you have to see to believe - besides; most are
audio only but a few have vid, and there's always some website with
live timing and scoring, like aco or imsa for lemans racing.

" From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" I like NASCAR and I think it is all too easy to think the driver's
" are no talent bums.  200 mph 6 inches from the wall in traffic?  Come
" on, no one on this mail list could do that.

jeff burton likened it to driving on ice.

" Personally the Kyle Petty team hasn't seemed to care the last few
" years.  They seemed content let the Petty name fade from fame.

kyle took it very hard when adam died, and imho he just hasn't had the
fire since.  it's one thing to jump into a car midseason, but i don't
know why he didn't step aside and hire a driver the next year.

" > From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
" >
" > []
" >   I agree there is nothing stock about a nascar stock car.
" > They are all the same cept the decals and paint!

the engines are different too, but there again they're out of step.
no car still uses anything even vaguely like them and only gm and
toyota truck engines have any relationship.  they should've started
planning to move on 20 years ago.