Re: [Amc-list] Oh generator, thou doth suck.

d stohler wrote:
> wait a minute.... tom, this is in your little 440 that the gen is
> goin bad in correct?? i didnt even take notice in my 440h how much
> room there was between the gen and steering box... would an alt be
> able to even FIT down in there?

NOPE! S'okay though, as there's that nice pair of tapped bosses high on
the other side of the engine. PS or A/C went there I assume. The genny
is by far the hardest thing to reach in the car, and there's empty space
onthe other side, so it would be win all around. Wiring's on the wrong
side, but like you said, only three wires, and putting a #8 or whatever
directly to the battery would not hurt.

When I stuff the new motor in, I spoze it should have an alt on it.