Re: [Amc-list] Oh generator, thou doth suck.

Re: [Amc-list] Oh generator, thou doth suck.

Thanks Jim and Dave! Well I get to put off the alt switchover for a
while... turns out, super cleaning the connections incrementally
improved low-speed charging, and simply upping the idle to 750 rpm or so
pretty much solved it. I really like a low slow idle, but obviously that
has Side Effects. 750 doesn't really charge, but it keeps the voltage up
near 12 so at least the battery doesn't drop below that.

I wish there existed 30 amp 3-wire alts. They'd be smaller and wouldn't
burn up our old wiring!