Re: [Amc-list] Engine for sale

krausseakrauss@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi guys, I pulled the Engine and Trans out of my 69 American (199 &
> M-36) and putting them up for sale ,

I seem to be the last person to ask about prices, my ideas are always
way off everyone elses (high and/or low!). But... sad to say, few people
want 199's and the little borg warner automatic.

What condition? If recently rebuilt, that would be different. If you're
pulling them because they're worn and need repairs and you don't want
them, they're not worth much at all. In fact it is possible you could
have trouble GIVING THEM away.

The 199 is unfortunate too, in that AMCers who like sixes (me) generally
go for the larger 258, and since all AMC sixes are still common and easy
to find, older unrebuilt jobs are not worth much. Known running
condition helps though. The 199 cranks and rods are unique. The rest of
the motor is the same as other displacements for the same year engine.

BUT! if someone wants it and you have it and they're local, that could
make a huge difference.