[Amc-list] little rambler road trip

years ago, when i first got casper road worthy, i lived 90 miles out of town. was about 1am on a sat morning, leaving town in casper. knew i had a state following me for about 8 miles or so. and he decided to turn blues on. so i stopped in the church parkinglot. "pulled you over cause your tail light is cracked, plus, i never heard of a rambler and had to check it out". was what he had to say when he walked up. explained to him how hard it is to find a decent lense for a 62 classic. talked about it for a few min and he let me go with nothing. 1/2 mile down the road after him, met another stater in the other driection, and he whips around and follows me the next 8 miles into the next small town. pulled in to the small grocery store parking lot under the lights, he follows me, makes a loop around the car and leaves. i HATE when cops do that.

we have twisty windy roads here with lots of deer and elk on them. was coming off of one of the mountains in casper, and the cop was haulin the mail  up the hill. come another couple corners and hes behind me with the blues. pulled over. tried to tell me i was doing 70 around the corner i met him on (70 on a crotch rocket motorcycle would be scary on that corner) and once again had to check out the car. let me go with a "verbal warning". (speed out here is 55)

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules