Re: [Amc-list] little rambler road trip

I had the same experience the summer I first put my American on the road.
I was a stay at home dad, driving it one Wednesday on Y.O.M. plates, limited use don't ya know!
So, nope, I should have not been driving it on a Wednesday afternoon!
The cops followed me for about 2 miles till I pulled in to the back of my wifes work building at WVU to met her.
I stopped, the cops pull in behind me, then swing up beside, both get out of the car, I figure oh, crap I'm screwed...

The first words out of their mouths.
Where'd you get that Rambler!
What year is it?
Still a six I hear.
Can we see  under the hood!
They talked and looked for about 15 minutes.
Never even asked to see registration! and left smiling!
Now, Y.O.M. plates are Year of Manufacture! They have NO registration sticker to show they are now valid and the only way to tell is to look at the registration card or call it in.
I never saw them do either and I was eying the rear view the whole time they tailgated me!

So, they never checked, plates, insurance, etc;
Just a couple of car guys in cops uniforms.....

:-)

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV