Re: [Amc-list] Auto industry meltdown

" From: Doug Dornbos <dornbos@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx> wrote:
" <snip>
" On the other extreme of scale -- which we as 2008 AMC owners take
" advantage of all the time -- is "The Long Tail"
" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Long_Tail or something like it. <snip>
"
" Great stuff. Thanks Tom.

indeed.  it looks like the jeep 'stroker' project - bumping the 4.0
six to 4.5L or more with off the shelf parts, as facilitated by
strokers@yahoogroups - was very much a 'long tail' effort, gaining
enough visiblilty that silvolite now stocks the kb944 'stroker' piston
[though it leaves something to be desired].

much food for thought...