Re: [Amc-list] Rambler content

From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
> I know we've been around this block way too many times.
SNIP

> Rambler content? I don't know, at least AMC merged with Chrysler,
> although my favorites were long gone. I think we're talking more
> Studebaker content the way things are going.

AMC merged with Chrysler like Daimler did!!!

When Daimler merged the joke going around was it was a 50/50 merger so they renamed the company.

They decided to use the first four letters of Daimler and the last three letters of Chrsyler to name the new merger!!!

:)   One of my favorite memories of that merger.

We can look at the bright side as it was sold off, will it remain shining?

I dunno?

I just pray Jeep survives in a recognizable form.

Be real nice if we could get them to drag that 4.0L pile of molds out and cast up some new block with cross flow overhead cams!  How about having them not change anything with the bottom end so we can still sneal those old 4.2L cranks in!

While we're wishing, maybe go ahead and add the 5th bolt round each cylinder for some serious turbo fun !!!

All we need is the right group of engineers to point out how smooth a straight six runs!

OUCH, Geez, someone kicked me and woke me up.......  :'(
--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV