[Amc-list] Pete Seegar - rambler mentality

From: Bruce Griffis <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] "Forbidden" CL

Music War!!!!!!

	Time to dust off the Vox Tornado and see if I can hang with my son and
his Gretsch! Or mess with the Guild acoustic! Or the dulcimer. Or the
fiddle (I can no longer play a darn thing on that). Or my
mother-in-law's hammered dulcimer! Or the Bagpipes! Or the (gasp,
horrors!) accordion!

	Maybe I need to get the Rambler running, get the camper camping and go
to some music fest. I've had a longing to head back to Beacon New York
for the Strawberry Festival (yay Pete Seeger!!!!!!!!). I'm trying to
convince my wife that there probably aren't a whole lot of granola
eatin' folk music playin' folks in our Southern neck of the woods. But
ya know, there is a heck of a cool Bluegrass festival up near Cades Cove
in Tennessee.

--

I've three GRETSCH's - all 60's ASTRO JET's - one still with tags.

Would love a VOX Constellation IV Bass !

Our Family lived in the Town of Newburgh, just across the Hudson River from
Beacon NY from 1965 to 1989.

I worked Security at the Croton Festival, ran Security for the Bear Mtn. Festival, met Leon Redbone & a kid from 5th Grade when  we lived in
Sudbury Mass. - John Parsons who became a Bluegrass Festival Organizer..small world!

Pete Seegar, an Original 'Rambler Mentality' contestant has the Sloop Clearwater docked every year at the Newburgh Landing with programs for local children & visitors  - local icon.

http://www.clearwater.org/festival.html

My late Father Dr. Tourville - former Principal of the 3k student High
School - Newburgh Free Academy  was a  big supporter  of the reclamation
of the Waterfront area & dock construction.

The people originally involved with Clearwater Inc. were instrumental [!] in
getting the original Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame put together.

Met with them  at a private luncheon for a not for profit Performance Center  project I  developed for lower Broadway in Newburgh - just as the brilliant Ronald Regan Economy came into effect.. read:

The Regan Recession.

There's a large Music contingency out of Woodstock NY who perform locally.

The drummer from 'The Band' runs a Blues nite on Tuesdays in a Bar just
across the Mid Hudson Bridge - Poughkeepsie ny , pulls in a number of
Studio Muscians from the Tri State area.. bring your own Blues Harmonica.

The Original Bethel NY Woodstock Music Arts & Crafts Fair '69 site is now:

http://www.bethelwoodscenter.org/

Beautiful - it was slated to become a Condo Development.

Their performance calander is worth timing your Vacation around.

Greg Allman performed not long ago
along with a raft of Southern Rocker 'friends'
.  I usually catch them in Poughkeepsie's Mid Hudson Civic Center.

I attended the last gatherings on the Bethel site before any changes
from the Original '69 site config. were made,  back in '95 - I was there in '69 too.. just me & Jimi Hendrix & lots of Sunday Mud.

For the Bethel '95 gathering they had Bands bringing in their own power supplies - Music went on 'til 3am. - lots of Craft vendors and plain cloths FBI
with night vision photography snapping everyone & every vehicle.

NYSPolice chopper fly over photo shoots during the day..Washington
is so.. way sick..

Chatted with one undercover biggie around 4am at the free coffee tent.

Sitting at the communal table I mentioned to him about the corny
cops dressed like 50's sock hoppers sporting white sox
& tennis sneakers & cans of Budwiser stuffed
in their too short too greaser blue jeans over T shirts packing
Lucky Strikes  - ..being sore thumbs.

He took a slug of coffee - asked if I would consider joining the Bureau -
.... gave me pause!..

I'm living in New Paltz since
'89.

This is in my backyard:

http://www.mohonk.com/

The Rheinbeck Auto Show is not far from here either:

http://www.rhinebeckcarshow.com/swaps.html

There's KOA & a number of Motels nearby New Paltz.

Give ah hollah , Yal'll Rock On 'n haf yersef ah Good Time ye'heah.

milnersXcoupe
1981 series50