[Amc-list] '63 Ambo questions

JL wrote,,,,,
<<Yeah, I've got a couple of those heater-hose/inline/circulating things
lying around, but I'm really not crazy about them, so that's why I'm
asking.  I'll go with one as a last resort, of course.  But I spoke to
an engineer at Temro in Winnipeg (let's talk about cold...), and he said
they've got nothing that has the element making the sharp turn outwards
to avoid the cylinder wall, as is needed by this motor.>>

Before you decide to turf the circulating heater, and provided you're going to be driving the car in a lot of cold weather, I would heed the advice of an oldtimer engine rebuilder who told me that you could give him a stripped down block and he could tell you which bank the block heater was mounted on.
Claimed the cylinders closest to the heater were the most worn because the heat would wash the oil off the cylinder walls that were nearby and the rest would still have oil at startup.
FWIW
Don