Re: [Amc-list] Header for Concord Wagon 6cyl?

Re: [Amc-list] Header for Concord Wagon 6cyl?

I believe Clifford was the last comapny to make them and they don't have them any longer.
Best bet is to call and beg...

Otherwise you need to look for used, they come up from time to time still.

make sure you maintain heat to the intake for cold weather driveability if needed.

You should see gains from a header on the six.

If the 80 still has the bolt together cast iron intake and exhausts then upgrading to 81 up stuff may give you a little extra power if you can't get the header. They went to an aluminum intake and seperate cast iron exhaust in 81.
   I ran one on my 69 and it seemed to make a difference in power. you have to run heater hose water thru the intake or it runs too cold and fuel puddles.  There are hose nipples on the intake and it is cast to warm the fuel air mixture for this reason.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Richard Estermyer <javelinman74@xxxxxxxxxxx>