Re: [Amc-list] Convertible conversion?

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:38:21PM +0000, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> The only ways I would consider doing a roof to convert conversion
> would be if a convert was not available in the body style I desired
> or I was willing to build with a rollcage and no top!!!
> I'd look for a convert in that body as they were made, unless I am
> mistaken.  Otherwise I'd consider doing it as either the rollcage
> version with no top or give up.  Hopping the doors to get in and out
> would grow old fast!

The 64 Classic is my favourite body style, and afaik it never came out
of the factory as a ragtop - only the Americans and Ambos (I've got a
65 Ambo convertible as well).  So that's why I'm asking - I have no
desire to reinvent any wheels.  Perhaps someone else can correct me if
in fact there was a 64 Classic convertible offered.

And I definitely wouldn't go for the rollcage - just not the right vibe.

jl