Re: [Amc-list] Convertible conversion?

" From: Victor the Cleaner <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxx>
"
" On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 10:38:21PM +0000, Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
"
" > The only ways I would consider doing a roof to convert conversion
" > would be if a convert was not available in the body style I desired
" > or I was willing to build with a rollcage and no top!!!
" ...
" > I'd look for a convert in that body as they were made, unless I am
" > mistaken.  Otherwise I'd consider doing it as either the rollcage
" > version with no top or give up.  Hopping the doors to get in and out
" > would grow old fast!
"
" The 64 Classic is my favourite body style, and afaik it never came out
" of the factory as a ragtop - only the Americans and Ambos (I've got a
" 65 Ambo convertible as well).  So that's why I'm asking - I have no
" desire to reinvent any wheels.  Perhaps someone else can correct me if
" in fact there was a 64 Classic convertible offered.
"
" And I definitely wouldn't go for the rollcage - just not the right vibe.

if a '64 classic ragtop never existed, imho you'd be best off finding
an ambo ragtop and swapping trim, f&r clips etc.  that way you get all
the chasis reinforcements already built in.