Re: [Amc-list] You Can't use a Full Flow Pump on a Partial Flow Block

Joe Fulton wrote:
> At least that's what appears to the be problem.

Oh crap. I never even put that old full-flow pump up to my '58 block. I
will do so tonight. I am bring it and some of the other old parts to the
local shop for a dunking and media blast (some).

> It appears that I will have to use the partial flow oil pump.  I'm so
> freekin' disappointed and not a little disgusted that I didn't notice
> this before.  I could have built the 1965 block if I had paid for
> additional machining and .080 oversize pistons.

Don't beat yourself up too badly. The partial-flow engine DOES work
fine. Most likely the inherent deficiencies are offset by top-notch
care. 80-over pistons and the work would not have been cheap either.