Re: [Amc-list] 58-63 American Handling (was !!@@#$@$ clutch linkage)

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Shackles also "loosen" up the rear by allowing more side sway due to their design.

Yeah, I've never seen those work out for cars that need to turn corners.
As Frank or someone said, they ruin pinion angle. And usually when
they're put on to fix height issues, it means all the bushings are worn,
and therefore sloppier than new, amplifying side to side swear.

> Be real wary of air shocks or overload coils on the shocks.
> The body was not designed to hold weight at that point and the bayonet style have been known to punch up through the trunk floor. Worse yet is if they do not! The added stress in that area over time can cause the spotwelded seams in the surrounding area to fail!

Been there done that too!