Re: [Amc-list] !!@@#$@$ clutch linkage

Frank Swygert wrote:
> It's been a long time Tom, but I distinctly remember the clutch not
> having much travel to disengage -- specifically about 1/2"-3/4" and
> you were just about disengaged, and it came back that far from the
> top before grabbing all the way.

Well OK, that warms my grouchy heart a wee bit. It is all in at the top
of the pedal. I think the two-fingered rubber coupler is worn, and that
would affect it, but pedal effort is crazy low -- seriously, one or two
fingers is plenty of force.

The whole car is like that. Clearly, it's no hot rod. But it's some
finely made, nothing is any effort to operate and it's got power nothing.

That describes mine perfectly. It's never done anything wrong, so I
guess I won't worry about it. No slippage at all. The old one did, but
it was trashed.