Re: [Amc-list] FW: [wastewatts] Re: rod oven.

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Check the idea below out!
> Anyone know how dangerous this realy is?
> Yeah, I know flammable gas, but hey it sure sounds like it would work!

OK I just went and did it. The tank I yanked from the Ramber still has a
dozen gallons of LPG in it, and with a #8 line laying around, thought
I'd try it.

Mind you I could not find a coffee can! Coffee snobs here -- we only buy
  Fair Trade organic unground coffee beans from a local shop! -- and who
has metal pails any more? So I used half of a harley gas tank! (Our
property was owned by a guy named Dean Lanza, who was kind of a loser,
it turns out, but his one claim to fame is that he painted Peter FOnda's
bike, and some of the others, in the movie EASY RIDER. He left behind a
few tank halfs.) Anyways.

Watch the movie! http://wps.com/temp/MOV04076.MPG

I was surprised at how long it lingers in the pot as a liquid. I'm just
guessing, but a pint would probably last 10, 15 minutes, enough to suck
the heat out of a few piston pins.

The problem is gonna be the huge mess it makes when you're filling the
coffee can (sic) -- it's at 100psi (pressure varies with temp, I'm just
guessing, google it) so it's like drinking from a hose on full. But if
you filled something with a neck....

So it looks like it would work. TO be honest, other than the built-in
drama of cyrogenic liquids, it's no worse than working with gasoline.

ANd man does this stuff stink!!