Re: [Amc-list] tf transmissions

Dave.....

Matt is right the Chrysler bell housing bolt pattern is
different.....the AMC V8 block bolt pattern is the same old and later(
6cly bell housing
was changed in 72 to be the same as V8's).....the crank and flex plate
were changed in 1972 to use the TF trany ...  TF  904(998) and 727  will
bolt to any AMC  motor 72 and up with correct flex plate for the engine
size.......lockup TC were used in AMC TF trany's 1979 and newer.....

I may have what you need...non lockup 904 trans from a 76 Hornet
6cly....not sure of its condition.....also have drive shaft to go with.....
cheap..............needs a new home.........

To use a lockup trany behind a 360/304 you would need a lockup style
flex plate for the engine size you are using it with.
Jim