Re: [Amc-list] Super Long Intake Duration Cam ??? - Miller Cycle engine

Re: [Amc-list] Super Long Intake Duration Cam ??? - Miller Cycle engine

Yeah, that's more like it.
Not new science, it was first done in the 70's or earlier.
HotRod built a circle track tow box van with a 350 SBC, got "good" mpg like 15-17? towing a loaded circle track car.
I think it was one of the cam companies that promoted the package.

IIRC the idea was a little to bandaid approached for general use.
I did not sell well, now what the issues were, besides just general fear of the unknown I do not know.

Does Hotrod have a database of way old back issues?
Maybe you can track down the article or mag. I would guess it hit stands sometime between 77 and 80.
Nice broad range there huh!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV