[Amc-list] solution to the "big 3"

so, off and on over the last couple days, i have given it some thought. my solution to the big 3:  merge all 3 together and let revive the AMERICAN MOTORS CORPERATION name. ya, alot of you are saying "WTF" am i thinkin now?  well. keep the jeep name. people want a jeep, they can get the wrangler as is now. they want a truck, they can get the "jeep gladiator j series trucks" they want a compact car "american" and full size, low buck "classic" and for the all out luxiury model the "ambassador" just as back in the 60's. and since everything now days is gone back to the late 60's styling, they can go back to the 63-65 classic/ambo styling for the big cars, and the 64-69 american styling for smaller. someone wanting sporty, the "amx" is the 2 seater, and the "javaline" for the 4 seater.

i think that pretty well covers the range of cars.

now, if that didnt turn some peoples crank, heres another one. since all the big 3 are beggin for money, i propose that all us amc enthusiasts should rally and go to dc and beg for money to revive AMC. as it was sold off and let to die by chrysler. bring amc back and start producing all these hybrids and crap that the tree huggers want. and then the "normal" cars for the rest of us. fuel efficient and go with that old skool design. and no worries about not having enough money to do all the designing, and everything for the hybrid junk and getting new cars started. im sure, in a short while, when the "big 3" go under, their designs, stateside plants and ect will be able to be bought cheap enough.

but most of all KEEP IT AMERICAN!!!!

ya, not serious, but just some wishful thinking and day dreaming while cleaning shop at work the last couple days.

just donned on me, maybe those drawings in that april issue of hotrod could be true... :-D hehe

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules