Re: [Amc-list] 196 parts

d stohler wrote:

 >  i can tell  you for
> positivily sure, without a doubt, in 62 (car build date is feb, motor
> is jan) that they have the bulge on the crank.... what am i gonna do
> now??? the hole in the manual flywheel is smaller than the auto
> crank. and also has the bulge.

But the flywheel fits on the crank with a bulge! I personally did it.
Fits. I thought I posted photos somewhere? I CRS.

Whether that (flywheel on auto crank) would work depends on two things:

* I can't remember offhand if the clutch driven disc spring plate goes
TOWARDS or AWAY from the engine and I could not find in 30 seconds og
Google and I'm FAR too lazy to go out to the lab and LOOK IN A BOOK!

* Wangle up a pilot bushing. If this was the only problem, I'd make one
up on my big drill press.

You could probably HACKSAW off the biggest part of the lump to get the
clutch plate to clear! It wouldn't have to go all the way flat with the
flange.

In 62, that's the Flush-O-Manic trans (BW), not the old Hydramatic or
whatever required that bulge. Probably another one of those old AMC "off
the top of the pile/we got a load of 'em out back" parts. With manual or
Borg Warner autos there's no need for that bulge or two different
cranks, same as the 232!

Dave, in your scrounging for 195.6 parts, if you find an oil PAN or oil
PUMP, lemme know, I'll buy 'em from ya. Easy to ship those clunky parts!