[Amc-list] Tuning TBI fuel tables on the Classic six

[Amc-list] Tuning TBI fuel tables on the Classic six

It's not hard, it turns out, just tedious. None of the www pages I found
actually laid out how you get from collected data stuffed into a
spreadsheet, into corrections for the fuel tables.

It's easy enough, but you gotta be comfortable with spreadsheets.

With one 40 minute drive I collected enough data to correct the tables
within 5 - 10% of perfect. (I suspect the last 1-2% is very hard... but
I stop caring around there anyways.) I just did a second pass, the
errors were even smaller (.98 to 1.04 mostly). Next I'll turn off closed
loop and make sure the tables are right.

ANd for the hell of it, I drove a bit with the "EPROM" removed, to check
limp-home mode (to make sure I have one!) Didn't freeway, but it ran
pretty OK. That's nice to know!

If anyone buys a Howell TBI kit and bolts it onto a 232 in a passenger
car, I have a BIN that will be a hell of a lot closer than the one for a
258 Jeep.