Re: [Amc-list] TBI EFI tuning...

It depends on the MAP sensor, but most seem to have nearly linear
outputs from 0-5v.  0 is 0kPa; 5v is the limit of the sensor.  1 bar
sensors are probably 115kPa max, 3 bar sensors are 300kPa max.  This
is how the Freescale (ex-Motorola) sensors work.  I think that's what
GM buries inside their sensor modules.  If you can measure the sensor
output and have an accurate barometer, you can determine the sensor
calibration fairly easily by opening the sensor port to ambient
pressure.  A 1 bar sensor should read around 4v, while a 3 bar sensor
will be about 1.67v.  You can find data sheets for common sensors on
Freescale's website.  Look for MPX4115AP and MPXH6300.

The transfer function for the MPX4115 family is
Vout=Vs*(0.009*P-0.095), where Vout is the sensor output, Vs is the
supply voltage (nominally 5v) and P is the pressure in kPa.

--Glen