Re: [Amc-list] A toy for Traveller (camper time!)

Re: [Amc-list] A toy for Traveller (camper time!)

My vague plans are to schedule one weekend a month out, and bring a
dog or two with us. My wife can't camp, so I need to keep that in
mind.

Anyway, we have a favorite state park in Florida, and a lot of state
parks and a National Forest area in Georgia to visit. Also a bunch of
Corps of Engineers campgrounds along the power lakes.

My sons and I also like visiting some local wildlife resource area /
wildlife management areas to do some hiking and fishing. I checked and
there are some 54 WMAs in Georgia that offer primitive camping for
free on a first come, first served basis. We might start visiting some
more of them off-season. (I'll just stay away during deer and turkey
season - as camping spots would be hard to find during those times,
and although folks might call me a turkey, I'd rather not be called
in).

We joined a non-game environmental group, so hope to become active in
photographing wildlife.

State parks - water, showers, fire pits, amenities! WMA's - no water,
no facilities, no swimming, no cost - but plenty of hiking and
wildlife viewing!