[Amc-list] A toy for Traveller (camper time!)

[Amc-list] A toy for Traveller (camper time!)

Okay, working away on Traveller (my '65 Rambler American). I also like
to go camping, but haven't since my youngest son decided to not be a
Boy Scout any longer (he's not a uniform wearing, structured activity
kind of kid - and that's perfectly okay).

Anyway, I decided to pick up a small, light tent trailer so next time
we go, we can be off the ground. We've been rained out a few times in
the past. We heard that Apache tent trailers are pretty light and
un-complicated - so started searching for an Apache Eagle, Raven or
Falcon.

Saw a '66 Eagle on Craigslist in Tennessee. It got away from me. Saw
it on E-Bay and bought it. I have to wander up and get it - but it
should be pretty cool. It weighs around 400 pounds and requires a 1
7/8" hitch. I already have a hitch on my '03 Corolla, and it did just
fine hauling a 400 pound plywood sailboat around - so we should be
good to go!

I got pics from the previous owner and posted them here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/bruce.griffis/66ApacheEagle#

Might have some scrubbing, sanding, painting, and cleaning to do. Will
need to check into canvas repair as well, in case there are holes to
be patched. But - it should be a pretty cool little camper. Just a
tent on a box - no stove, no water, no fridge, no toilet - but that's
what I want. And I think my Rambler should have no problems at all
with a 400 pound camper.