-----------------
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2008 11:17:51 -0800 (PST)
From: Joe Fulton <piper_pa20@xxxxxxxxxxx>

While torquing the flex plate bolts to the crank on my 196 OHV today (100 - 100 ft-pounds) I put a heavy screwdriver through one of the outer holes to brace it against the torque and keep the crank from turning.  Well, that flexplate is fragile and I tore it.  Ruined.  But one of the advantages of having four other 196 engines on hand is that I had another flex plate ready to harvest.  It only slowed me down about 15 minutes after I quit inventing new cuss words.  It is Sunday too, and I'm a little ashamed but I don't think the neighbors heard anything.  When I'm working on a car on Sunday I'm thankful to be alive and I'm in church anyway.

I'm trying to get that motor installed today. Hey, I just recalled the long discussion on the list about "motor" versus "engine" a few years ago.  No one seems to care now.  Maybe we grew up.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"