Re: [Amc-list] Sound mats and belts.

The one thing hat shuts my cars up is filling all the little pinholes in
the firewall! Not rust -- accessory screw holes, shrunken foam seals,
old cracked grommets, etc. You can easily hear a 1/32" hole! There's a
lot of clatter under the hood, all high-frequency, that goes right
through tiny holes.

With the hood open, your head under the dash, you can see 'em. A tube of
silicone is the cheapest fix, usually "good enough" until you get to
pulling control cables, speedo cables etc out for some other reason so
you can fix it correctly (new grommet...) on reassembly.

Though I've cut grommets into a "C" so I can install them with the cable
or wire in place.