Re: [Amc-list] ramblings of a twisted mind and Head grooving (Ranger axl

Re: [Amc-list] ramblings of a twisted mind and Head grooving (Ranger axle in American)

Frank Swygert wrote:

> I ran stock size tires on my first Rambler because an old tire store
> had them back in 79. 6.50x 15. Won't do that again! The road was damp
> and I almost missed a turn, was only going 30 or so because I was
> looking for the road signs. Turned the wheel, hit the brakes, and
> continued going straight. No more skinnies for me!

Ouch! Yeah, I'm now glad I never found any skinny tires for my American.
215/65-15's fit great. I wish I had done side by side photo of the old
ones, the new ones are easily twice as wide.

 > That skinny tire would make a nice "space saver" spare though.

The fat tires are not even close to fitting in the spare well! The spare
(I do the old fashioned thing of 5 identical tires, and rotate) sits on
the left side, takes up a lot of room! Tools and spares go in the well!