Re: [Amc-list] Paint questions

I don't think Amc maintained (or did not publish) much information about the frequecy of colors used in various model years.  You can find PPG paint chip charts for model years back to 1961 online at www.autocolorlibrary.com.   Normally interior colors used by AMC were semi-gloss or suede (flat) versions of exterior colors used in the same model year.  This, I guess, simplified things at the body plant because interiors could be painted with hues on hand by simply adding flattening agents to the exterior paints.  The silver used in 1962 was called Inca Silver and it's listed in the autocolorlibrary chip chart.  The paint codes are also usually spelled out in the "body" section of the technical service manual for that model year.  Sometimes the chip charts listed the paint codes for the engine choices during that model year and sometimes they were not listed.  The engine color might be listed in the TSM also.  There is a list of engine colors online
 somewhere I think.  You could google AMC engine colors and see what pops up.  Frank Swygert has provided this info before too.

Mid-sixties 195.6 (cast iron block) overhead valve engines were painted with lancelot turqoise.  Aluminum block engines were natural aluminum on the block and had a silver valve cover.

Good luck,
Joe Fulton