Re: [Amc-list] brakes

" From: "Michael Canada" <gcanada@xxxxxxxxx>
"
" Hi I have a 1977 Hornet AMX and I need new rotors and calipers for my
" car. I found some great slot style rotors for 1970 to 1976 Hornets but
" the 1977 does not have any available. The clerk at the store said the
" 1977 has a different caliper and rotor. If I ordered a 1976 caliper &
" rotor could I switch to the 1976 style.

if you can find '76 calipers and rotors, but they're getting pricier.
they're also the biggest and most powerful brakes amc ever used.  i
suspect you'd also need caliper mounting brackets etc.  btw '75-6
hornet bendix brakes -are-not- the same as '70-4 kelsey ones.  they
have both rotors?  also, the '70-4 and '75-6 fit all amcs of those
years, not just hornets.

from a supply point, your '77 rotors are also getting scarce and
pricy, but if you can find '79-up spindles [early '70s may be the
same] you can use the later rotors.