[Amc-list] Brakes

For me, with What I have to work with I'm staying wiht it as is.
In the American, a good weather car I guess front lock up or a perfect balnace would be great as you had it set.
In a snow weather car, i'll stick with rear lock. I've experienced front lock on snowey roads.
Ice is worse, That goinr through a curve and touchign the brake sonly to have th enose instantly go straight for th equard rail, nah. I'll pass.
I'm probably  wrong as it is easier to replace frendrs then quarters, but I'm going in sideways or backwards, not head on!

  Idealy, If I get the chance I'd try it as you suggest. Maybe someday, I can pick up the valve and get a circle track guy to help me set it up?

With the valve it would be easy to change if I don't like it.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

<>

If you're balanced, when applying the brakes, the rear weight will transfer forward
lightening the rear contact pressure - so the rear will lock up before the fronts.

The question is then of how soon to have the rears reach maximum efficiency.

I would install the valve if I were redoing a brake system on a vehicle I was
building - if it were 'old school'.

As it is, I'm eventually installing ABS & let the computer sort out what is slipping
and what needs to be done.

There's plenty of JEEP ABS parts getting recycled - put them to good use in a retrofit.

--

    =Bt=
milnersXcoupe