Re: [Amc-list] Converter seal?

I thought I read they went shift command with the console first.
Console still says Flash-O.

I'm pulling the converter before I do anything.
ONe seal lists at $10+ the other at $16+.

I want to try and identify 100% what is correct, then I'll call the local NAPA and get pricing before I pay shipping.

I'm about 99% sure I'm going to go with the 287 in it for now. I was told it needed a chain when I bought it.
I have a chain and gear in the flood car.
   I figure I will pull the rocker shafts and check for compression leak down with my adapter and air compressor.
If it doesn't have a bad valve or other obvious problem I will do a chain and valve seals. Toss one of my 4bbl intakes on it cause I have a good 390cfm Holley and then drop the 287 in.
   If my shoulder, neck,back will allow me to do this I hope to have it "running" by December.
By running I mean, minimal wiring, toggle switch,pushbuttom starter, marine battery. Maybe a radiator if I have one that will hold water. P/S cooler on the at trans lines.

   If My body refuses this ordeal, I will be posting it local and online and if it won't go to someone who will save it I will part it out.
I've sat on this thing for over two years now since the accident. No more.

One thing I can not decide on is if I want paint or satin black in the engine compartment...I hate the idea of going with Fords black engine compartment if it lives to see paint!  I guess it will probably be that way as I will need to change over to the 327 when it nears completion. I can paint it then.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>