Re: [Amc-list] Classic Brakes

On master cyls for those years: the only bores even AVAILABLE for AMCs
are all within 1/8" of each other; while it will certainly affect pedal
effort by itself, it's not enough to make the brakes not usable.

My 63 Classic has the wrong master cyl in it -- too large a bore. Pedal
pressure is HIGH. It often scares people the first time they drive it,
but within 5 minutes they've forgotten it, because is stops just fine.
Anyone can lock them up, and they feel great, short travel, just heavy
pedal.

IS this your condition, or do they not brake well? What about, like
Jerjan says, "with two feet"?