Re: [Amc-list] old cars suck, but new ones are worse

Re: [Amc-list] old cars suck, but new ones are worse

" From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
"
" Hemmings CLASSIC CAR came in the mail yesterday...
"
" Man I think I want to own a Model T... one of the beater types, not
" painted and restored. Two speed axle and hop-ups so's I can go 50mph...!
"
" Man, they're interchangable 'parts boxes' in a way that makes even AMC
" look like hand-made watches!

i'd lean more towards a model a - or rather, an a-bone hybridized with
a lincoln zephyr, which is basically a stretched a/b/v8 chassis.
zephyr v12 and c/r tranny in the a with a speedster body, a drivetrain
and pickup cab in the zephyr chassis with an extra-long flatbed.  or
maybe a '40s 226 in the truck, since i'm a straight-6 kind of guy.  '48
juice brakes and disc wheels with radials on both.  for a start...