[Amc-list] Topic changed to: Pics and video of smoky Rambler

[Amc-list] Topic changed to: Pics and video of smoky Rambler

Thanks Tom and Mark for the info.

A short clip of the smoky car is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdrlBP1qbGA

Pictures are here: http://picasaweb.google.com/bruce.griffis/SmokingRambler#

The plume of steam coming out of the #1 cylinder when I pulled the
plug kind of tells the story (can't see the plume in the pictures,
though). Definately leaking water into the #1 cylinder. The other
plugs look kind of dark for only having been in use for maybe 15-20
minutes (or a little longer, but not much). Looks like I need to
re-address the carb again.

The smoke is kind of acrid and stays with you (cough, cough, wheeze,
wheeze). A lot of white, but a definate blue-ish hue to it. Oil might
be coming in the #1 cylinder as well (that was the wet, oily plug).
Hoping it is just the headgasket and my thick application of goo.
Anyway, will make some calls for a new headgasket.

Do you guys recommend Permatex Copper in a tube, or the Copper spray?
Is it easier to get a good, even coating with the spray (if I can find
it)?