Re: [Amc-list] that NOS rebuild 195.6OHV...

Frank Swygert wrote:
> Casting numbers for the older engines are very hard to find, and the
> listing I have may not be entirely accurate. Many are reported from
> owners, and some engines may have been swapped, so the years are
> approximate at best. It's the best list out there, compiled from many
> sources, that's all I can say.

Yeah, for those you can tell the data is crazy anecdotal stuff! I
suppose it doesn't really matter since there's not that much difference,
and at this age, oversize bearing info is worthless!

> I'll add that head casting number to the list, but it should be
> something like a 65 head.

It was a rebuilt head, so that would not be inconsistent.

 > I wish the dolts hadn't
> ground the engine day-build code off!!

Well, it was a rebuilder; and they could have jiggered stuff during the
rebuild to make that data wrong.

 > 58 was the first year the water pump was on
> the front of the engine.

Good point! Not sure if it makes any difference, but I'll see if a '63
water pump fits it. I kept the core plus I have a RockAuto rebuilt.