Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

Re: [Amc-list] Carb adjustments - Holley 1909 one barrel

I started to reply earlier and chickened out and deleted it.
Yeah, take the plug out and let it dry if it does fairly quickly it's gas. If it stays wet, it's oil.
I keep wondering if the blown head gasket washed the rings down and the synthetic oil was too slippery and the rings lost their seat for some reason.
   I've seen this happen and it does suck.
The only way I know that they may reseat is driving it, or replacing and honing.
  I could be wrong and hope I am.
   I'd  probably try and run it for a while, maybe even find one of the old oil burner adapters if it is fouling too much.
Give it a week or so to see if it decides to seat again.

   I'd also keep in mind the guy typing this is possibly completely wrong and I hope he is!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>