Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil -- to the head

Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil -- to the head

You can make it well over 35 AMC V-8's that I know of that Fram filters
messed up!

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 09:45:43 -0700 Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Unless they have a back stock of old filters that are still decent
> quality, the Fram might shorten the engine's lifespan like it has on
> at least 17 other AMCs that I know of (and 2 of my own Fords!) They
> have a habit of collapsing when thicker oil is used then plugging up
> the oil gallery. You should have seen the mess that came out when I
> back flushed the oil gallery by tapping in where the oil pressure
> sender goes on my '91 E350 with 460!
>    This was after dropping the oil pan, changing the oil pump (which
> looked fine), putting in a new dist and oil pump drive, checking the
> bearings and STILL having no oil pressure after warm up!
>    It ran fine after that.
>
> Jim Blair, Lynnwood, WA '87 Comanche, '83 Jeep J10, '84 Jeep J10
>
> From: Joe Fulton
> Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 195.6OHV "full flow" oil -- to the head
> To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans."
>
> If he is using a PB50 Fram filter it has an anti-drain valve in it.
> Don't know how it works but it's supposed to make changing that
> vertical filter less messy.
>
> Joe Fulton
> Salinas, CA

Jock Jocewicz - President/Editor NAMDRA  NAMDRA@xxxxxxxx or
namdra1@xxxxxxx
8537 Antioch Rd., Salem, WI 53168  (262) 843-4326
                 JOIN NAMDRA - the best AMC club around!!
'08 AMC NATIONALS (Date & Location to be announced)
AMO#19, NAMDRA#46, AMCRC#974, NHRA#41915, IHRA#6766