Re: [Amc-list] Adding up the receipts, ouch!

Re: [Amc-list] Adding up the receipts, ouch!

For my personal acounting I use Quicken and can designate expenses to a specific automobile.  The amount I spend on an old car or three can surprise me, but I always compare that to a $400 car payment each and every month for years.  Whenever you get a "new/different" vehicle you have to spend money on it no matter how it was maintained in the past.  I learned that long ago when I bought my first airplane.  Richard Bach said in a magazine article long ago that you spend about one third of the value of the plane in repairs the first year.

It can be true for cars too.  That is if it's a driver when you buy it and not a restoration project.  The sky (or your bank account) is the limit on a restoration project.  If you like that little Rambler, and I think you do, just keep it running and driving safely and drive it.

My $0.02 while taking a break from finishing my 195.6 today.

Joe Fulton