Re: [Amc-list] OT: Drll Press

I brought home an old free-standing Duracraft brand drill press from my work last year.  We have a better (Delta) tool that gets used frequently and this one was just sitting.  I got it free.  It's worth exactly what I paid for it so far.  The switch broke and I needed to get the top pulley off to get into the wiring and I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the pulley.  Of course there's no documentation for the thing.  I did find a google reference to another press for sale with the same make and model.  I posted messages about my need for literature on a couple of websites but didn't get a response.  Do you need a boat anchor?

I checked on google after I brought the press home regarding how to tune up a drill press.  I found a site with lots of tips for checking the various functions.  Of course I don't remember the URL but I did remember that there was a caution to check for spindle/bearing wear.  So in short I will say: check for wear in any of the controls/functions.  With previous use in a VoTech school that thing may be worn out already.

Oh, and I don't buy anything electrically powered from Harbor Fright either.  All the electrical stuff I have purchased has been junk...angle grinder with bad switch right out of the box, multimeter with only partial digits showing after very brief use.

Joe Fulton