[Amc-list] OT: Drll Press

Someone complained that I asked about my scanner after I ordered it....
So, This time I'll ask ahead!!!

I had a harborfright benchtop drill press for years, cracked the table clamp a week or so ago drilling for my  Shrinker/Stretcher Tool stand.

I found a 20-30 year old Craftsman Professional 15" floor model for sale about an hour from here.
Has 12 speeds,1/2 hp, pics look like a pretty decent unit.
Says it came from a VO-tech school. but not all beat up.
Runs good and smooth, works great. sellers words.
Has a 4" stroke
Two tables.
No vice
No rack to raise or lower the tables, too old.

Anyway, He wants $150 for it and will let me test drive it before buying...
Anyone have any idea as to it's value or ???

New benchtop 12 inches are about $180 new , but only carry 5-6 speeds.
The 15" floor units are about $380 at Sears.
 Not sure of other places, but I won't spemd that much on one anyway.
I'm thinking in this case Older may be better built?

Comments?

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV