From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Honest Charly's Speed Shop
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 12:14 AM

WILLIAM SERCKIE wrote:
> actually to take it a step further, thay did not even have the
> product in stock, it had to be ordered from the manufacturer then
> shipped to them then shipped to me...

I HATE! drop-shippers! Sure, plenty of real, genuine business,
especially small ones, can't stock everything. That's fine -- if they
state that. But there's businesses that are just fronts (legal) and do
the middle man thing.

It works OK when nothing goes wrong, but in my experience, when s**t
happens they're ultimately not resposible, because they genuinely don't

ahve control over the product or it's shipping.

If they can't control ship costs, then they can easily say THAT!

"Items in stock ship like so, drop-ship items are shipped from City, ST
and charged by the manufacturer" or whatever.

Just got a new welder from one of these outfits at work. Luckily it
worked out, though there was a huge delay in shipping, and they could
not account for it, and wouldn't tellme what was going on. I had to
really pry to get out that they were drop-shippers.

I guess you gotta ask explicitly these days...