Re: [Amc-list] where'd everyone go?

An oldish post (month ago) but since I'm digging through digests I figured I'd toss in a bit on this. The Cherokee slaves sometimes aren't to blame for this. I've had several now where the clutch pedal bent, allowing the clutch master to get pushed on an angle, and it loses pressure 1/2 way down because of it.
   The BA 10/5 bell can be converted to external slave with parts from the early AX-5 (haven't checked on the length of the clutch arm yet but the holes for the studs to mount the slave on are there. It may have been a floor clearance issue that kept Jeep from making them that way.

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] where'd everyone go?
To: amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx
" From: Brien Tourville
"
" Not very far - looks like the clutch slave
" on my '89 Cherokee is failing.. half pedal
" with free swing.
"
" Now to find if it's external or the transmission
" has to come out.

it's internal.  dunno if they'd gone to the ax15 by then, but if so it
might be worth scavenging the later external-slave bell ['94?-up]
while you're doing the job.