[Amc-list] drilled brake drums...

Pulled the front wheels off the little American today and yanked the
drums in preparation for FINALLY drilling them fulla holes. What a shock
  inside!

They've been on there since April? spring sometime. About 4000 miles.
Not all that many miles, but the brakes are *spotless* inside, no
accumulated dust. The holes in the backing plate really do circulate
air. There's brake dust on the lower A-arms.

OK the holes let water in, and out. Hence the final part of the job,
drilling the drums, which should then shed water super fast off the
shoes and drum. We don't get much of a winter here, but there's rain,
and if I can make drum brakes usable on wet freeways, I'll have
accomplished... well, not much, since a disc brake setup would do that
and more. But big drums are K00L!

Working up the drill pattern I'll pick at (mental relief from school
work, pencil and ruler on graph paper) and drill the 30 or so holes
(both drums total) and slap 'em back on Thursday.

No photos, my camera is deceased.

(Still plan on doing the 10" brakes. When/if I do the rear axle wheel
bearings, I'll pop on the 10x1.75's back there and make the space for
the front 10x2.5's.)